热点话题听力(MP3+中英字幕) 第42期:为何观影的泪点随年龄而改变(2)
日期:2016-10-18 16:33

(单词翻译:单击)

The loveliness is drawing our attention to some of the struggles we face and to some of the things we really want but finding it so hard to get
这些景象使我们注意到我们所面对的斗争,以及一些我们十分想要但却很难得到的东西
reconciliation, forgiveness, tenderness, an end to the fighting, a chance to say sorry.
和解、原谅、温和、争吵的结束、一个道歉的机会。
We start to cry at a brief vision of state of grace from which we exiled most of the time.
我们在短暂地看到一个优雅的状态时想要哭泣,而这也是我们大多数时候所忽视的。
We ache for all the lost innocence of the world.
我们因这世界上纯真不再而感到心痛。
Loveliness and goodness can make the actual ugliness of our existence all the more vivid.
善良与可爱能让我们存在的丑陋的一面变得更为生动。

When and Why We Cry In Films.jpg


That's also why, if we would consider the unusual project of creating a robot that could cry at the movies, we would have to do something apparently rather cruel.
这也是为什么如果我们要考虑制作出能够在电影里哭泣的机器人这个课题时,我们必须要做一些十分残忍的事情。
We would have to ensure that this robot knew all about suffering, for it's only against the background of pain,
我们必须保证这个机器人懂得所有的痛苦,因为只有在痛苦的背景衬托下,
the beautiful scenes in films become deeply moving rather than merely nice.
电影中美丽的场景才会不只是美好,而是深感人心。
Our tears are telling us something key, that our lives are tougher than they used to be when we were little,
我们的眼泪告诉我们一件关键的事情,那就是我们的生活要比小时候更艰难,
and that our longing for uncomplicated niceness and goodness is correspondingly all the more intense.
而我们对于简单的美好与善良的渴望也相应地更加强烈。
But when Johnny leaves her at the end...-No, I know, it's a very inspiring movie.
但是当最后约翰离开她时...... -嗯,我知道,这是部很激励人心的电影。
If you tell anyone I'll kill you.
如果你告诉别人的话我就杀了你。
Yeah, understood, yeah, I understand.
嗯,明白,我明白。

分享到