里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第281期:来自你身体的一封信
日期:2018-10-17 10:26

(单词翻译:单击)

Hi! It's your body here!
嗨,我是你的身体!
Allow me to reintroduce myself.
允许我再自我介绍一下。
I'm the home that you've always lived in.
我是你一直住着的“家”。
Surely you remember. We grew up together!
你肯定记得我。我们一起长大的。
And I'm writing in this letter cause, I feel neglected in this relationship, very disappointed in what I've been seeing.
写这封信是因为,我感觉我在这段关系里被忽视了,同时对我所看到的非常失望。
With your ambition to make money you sacrificed my well being,
你有想挣钱的雄心,却为此牺牲我的健康,
which makes no sense in the least because when I get sick you sacrificed that same money to recuperate ME.
这完全不合理。因为如果我病了,你赚的那些钱都要用来给我治病!
And what's even more ironic is with all your interest in profit,
更讽刺的是,你利欲熏心,
you can't even see the truth that I'm worth over A BILLION DOLLARS.
甚至看不清这个事实:我才是最宝贵的啊!
Don't you believe me? Okay I'll prove it.
你不相信?好吧,我证明给你看。
If someone came to you with a check for One Million and said "Here, all I want in return is your eyesight."
如果有人拿着100万的支票来找你,他说:“给你,作为交换,我想要你的眼睛。”
You will never be able to see another sunset for the rest of your natural life.
你将在余生里再也看不到夕阳。
Would you take that deal? Ok, let's up the bid.
这样的交易你愿意吗?好吧,让我们把赌注加大。
Suppose he had a check for Ten Million instead, and if you accept it you would no longer have use of your arms or legs.
假设他有一张千万的支票,如果你接受了,你将再也无法使用四肢。
Would you take THAT deal? I can answer that for you. NO.
你要交换吗?我可以替你回答。不可能。

来自你身体的一封信

Those are silly options because you know that as your body I am worth over a BILLION DOLLARS.
这都是一些很愚蠢的选择,因为我的价值远不止于此。
And don't get me started with the heart.
别让我提心脏了。
If I was a company, right?
如果我是一间公司。
This Heart wouldn't get Employee of the Month.
心脏不会得“月度最佳员工”称号,
It would get the Employee of the LIFE!
它要得到的是“终身最佳员工”。
Because throughout your entire existence as a person, your heart never stops working!
因为在你的一生里,你的心脏从未停止工作!
Even when you're sleeping it doesn't stop beating,
即使在你睡觉时,它也没有停止跳动,
that's EVERY SECOND EVERY MINUTE EVERY DAY and come to think of it I can't recall you ever saying Thanks.
每秒每分每天都在工作,现在想想,我不曾听你说过谢谢。
Anyway I don't want this to come off as rude.
无论如何,我不想冒犯你。
Just asking for a little attention here dude.
只是想要你对我多点关心。
I know you try to make me look perfect when you're Instagramming.
我知道你发朋友圈时想让我尽量看起来完美。
But we both know you've been taking me for granted.
但是我们都知道,你并不重视我。
Consider this an opportunity.
借此机会。
After this audio ends don't click to the next one like you do usually.
听完这段音频,别忙着像往常一样点下一个。
Take some time by yourself. Just, you and me.
给你和我一点独处的时间。
Place your hand on your chest and say "Thank You" to your heartbeat.
把你的手放在胸口,对心脏说“谢谢”。
To your EYES, LEGS, ARMS.
对你的眼睛、双腿、胳膊。
To your lungs that bring you breath without you even trying.
对让你呼吸的肺部说“谢谢”。
I do it all for you, cause you come first.
我为你做这一切,是因为你永远是我的第一位。
Cause you're my homie!
因为你是我的好朋友。
We go way back, don't we? Like, birth?
我们认识很久了,对吧?大概,从出生开始?
I just think it's time you start treating me what I'm worth.
我想,是时候你该给我应有的对待了。

分享到
重点单词
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • employeen. 雇员
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • ironicadj. 说反话的,讽刺的
  • recuperatev. (使)恢复,(使)复原
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • ambitionn. 雄心,野心,抱负,精力 vt. 有 ... 野心,