第940期:"老好人"最地道的说法!
日期:2021-06-16 05:40

(单词翻译:单击)

be true to oneself 忠于自己

Be true to yourself in all things.

在任何事情上都要忠于自己。

Be true to yourself - don't pretend if you do not like a situation.

不要欺骗自己——如果你不喜欢什么,不要伪装。


people-pleaser 讨好者

I've always been a bit of a people pleaser.

我一直有点讨好性人格。

Live with integrity, do what you say you'll do, and always be true to who you are.

诚信生活,做你说过要做的事,要做真实的自己。


unabashedly 不害羞地,不难为情的

I like it that she unabashedly admits putting herself in the first place.

我喜欢她毫不难为情地把自己放在第一位。

I proffer a few of my own unabashedly biased opinions.

在这里我大胆提出自己的一些片面观点。


provider 供应者、养家者

She's been the family's provider since a very young age。

她很早就担起了养家者的角色。

Many mothers see their son as a potential protector and provider.

许多母亲将她们的儿子看作是潜在的保护人和赡养人。


muck up 把......弄糟

Too much of this can muck things up.

老是这样会把事情搞砸的。

Scientists should figure out how to keep the natural world from mucking up the affairs of people.

科学家应该想办法防止大自然扰乱人类的活动。


authentic 真实的,真正的

I don't know if the painting is authentic.

我不知道这幅画是不是真迹。

News on CCTV is more authentic.

中央电视台的新闻更可靠。


first-rate 第一流的

second-rate 第二流的

The food here is absolutely first-rate.

这里的食物绝对是第一流的。

Be a first-rate version of yourself instead of the second-rate version of someone else.

做一流的自己,不做二流的别人。


disenchanted 不再着迷的、不再抱幻想

The electorate had grown disenchanted with politics.

选民已变得对政治不再抱幻想。

I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with London.

我对伦敦渐渐不那么眷恋了。

分享到