(单词翻译:单击)
And he would basically manipulate her through fear.
他基本上会通过恐惧来操纵她
And I knew that guys would work games like that.
我知道男人们会玩这样的游戏
You know, where they would either be physical,
他们要么会发生肢体冲突,
or they would manipulate through mental means where it's like,
或者他们会通过心理手段操控,比如,
hey, you know, they were looking at a girl or whatever and tell her, their date or their wife and tell her
他们看着一个女孩或者他们的约会对象或者他们的妻子,然后告诉她
that she wasn't pretty enough or she wasn't, that she wasn't going to be around much longer, or they would flirt and make her feel very, very insecure.
她不够漂亮,或者她不会在这待太久了,或者他们会调情,让她感到非常,非常没有安全感
Because the whole game was that you keep the girl or woman off balance so that she never knows whether you like her or not.
因为整个游戏都是为了让女孩或女人失去平衡,这样她就永远不会知道你是否喜欢她
And this was, this was stuff that was told to me when I was a kid, that when I was dating, they were like, hey man, you got to have game.
当我还是个孩子的时候,他们告诉我,当我约会的时候,他们就说,嘿,伙计,你得会玩游戏
You got to do this thing.
你一定要做这件事
But men tend to be manipulated through pride.
但男人往往会因为骄傲而被操控
And pride is what is the lifeblood of toxic masculinity.
骄傲是“有毒的男子气概”的命脉
When guys are always like, hey man, I bet you, you won't do this, and I bet you I will.
男人们总是这样说,嘿,伙计,我打赌,你不会这样做的,我打赌我会这样做的
And the whole thing, it's about, you know, the challenge, you know, if you ever see five men walking somewhere, they're probably on their way to do something really stupid.
整件事,都是关于挑战的,你知道,如果你看到五个男人走在某个地方,他们可能正在去做一些非常愚蠢的事情的路上
I'm just telling you because there's nobody there to calm them down.
我告诉你,是因为没有人能让他们冷静下来
And let me tell you something.
让我告诉你一件事
The perfect example of toxic masculinity I can give is let's say you have a restaurant, and a restaurant has a sign in the bathroom.
我能给出最好的“有毒的男子气概”的例子是,假设你有一家餐厅,餐厅的浴室里有一个标志
And it says, hey, all employees must wash their hands.
上面写着,所有员工都必须洗手
But you notice when the boss comes in, who's a man, and if the boss is a guy, he's going to come in and you notice the boss never washes his hands.
但你注意到老板进来的时候,如果老板是个男性,你注意到老板进来的时候从来不洗手
And so, he goes in, he goes in the kitchen and he's touching the food.
然后,他走进去,走进厨房,他正在触摸食物
He's doing his thing.
他在做他的事
And employees are like, man, I don't think the boss ever washed his hand.
员工就会说,天哪,我不认为老板洗过手
So, what happens is somebody has to tell him, and it's usually the manager and they tell the manager to go over there and tell him and the whole deal.
所以,必须有人告诉他,通常是经理,他们让经理去告诉老板整件事情
And all of a sudden, the manager goes over to him, he says boss, I'm so sorry, we noticed you didn't wash your hands.
突然,经理走到他跟前,然后说,老板,对不起,我们注意到你没有洗手
Could you please wash your hands?
请您洗手好吗?
And the boss says: ‘Oh, thank you for telling me, you're fired.’
老板说:‘哦,谢谢你告诉我,你被解雇了
Then all the employees immediately know, never ever confront the boss about anything.
然后所有的员工马上就会知道,永远不要因为任何事情与老板对抗
Now you have slipped into a toxic environment, very, very slowly.
现在,你已经慢慢地滑入了一个有毒的环境
All the employees are now behind enemy lines.
所有的员工现在都在敌人的后方
Now they are, if you ever, ever come up to the boss and say anything to him, you are now at risk.
现在,如果走到老板面前,对他说任何事情,你就危险了
You are now a problem that needs to be eradicated, instead of an employee that has good suggestions.
你现在是一个需要根除的问题,而不是一个有好建议的员工