重塑资本主义的道德蓝图(1)
日期:2023-03-27 12:25

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Folks, in 2022, we know capitalism has a problem.

各位,到了2022年,我们知道资本主义有一个问题。

The system that undergirds much of our way of life in the West is exacerbating injustice and inequality.

在西方,支撑我们大部分生活方式的制度正在加剧不公正和不平等。

We know that women still get paid less than men.

我们知道,女性的薪酬仍然低于男性。

This is 2022.

现在是2022年。

And the share of the bottom half of the world's population and wealth is just two percent.

而世界下半层的人口和财富占比仅为2%。

We know that the playing field is not level.

我们知道,竞争环境并不公平。

And yet, even as we are awash in new ideas and thinking and approaches, technologies and gadgets, we somehow do not seem to know how to address the fundamental problems at the heart of it all.

然而,尽管我们身边充斥着新的想法、思维、方法、技术和小工具,但我们似乎不知道解决所有这些问题的核心是什么。

Now I can't claim to have all the answers, but today I want to talk to you about a tool that can help us design more just systems.

现在我不能说我找到了所有答案,但今天,我想和你们聊聊一个工具,它可以帮助我们设计更公正的系统。

And that tool is moral clarity.

这个工具就是“明确的道德”。

Now, moral clarity is not an ideology.

明确的道德不是一种意识形态。

It's not righteousness.

也不是正义。

Moral clarity is doing the right thing because it is right and not from fear of sanction or an expectation of reward.

它是指做正确的事情,原因不是害怕制裁或期望得到回报,而是因为它是正确的。

It is clarity of the demands that we are allowed to make of others.

它让我们可以对他人提出明确的要求。

It is to never confuse what we ought to do with what we can do.

它让我们永远不要混淆应做的事和能做的事。

No one ought to starve.

没有人应该挨饿。

No one ought to be discriminated against.

没有人应该受到歧视。

No one ought to profit from suffering.

没有人应该从苦难中获利。

These are not personal preferences.

这些不是个人喜好。

These are moral imperatives that most people believe in - whatever their politics or culture.

这是大多数人信奉的道德义务——与他们的政治或文化无关。

And this is what gives us the basis to build more just organizations, communities and, ultimately, a more just world.

这奠定了一个基础,让我们得以建立更公正的组织和社区,并最终建立一个更加公正的世界。

So, folks, how do we do it?

那么,朋友们,我们该怎么做呢?

First, if we want justice, let's use the language of justice, the language of right and wrong.

首先,如果我们想要公正,那就使用公正的语言,区分正确和错误。

Take stakeholder capitalism, this notion that a company is responsible to all its stakeholders and to the environment, and not just its shareholders.

以“利益相关者资本主义”为例,这种观念认为公司对所有利益相关者和环境负责,而不仅仅是对股东负责。

How well has it done?

它产生了什么影响呢?

Well, we have data that shows that as a group, companies that subscribe to stakeholder capitalism did no better supporting their employees in the pandemic than companies that made no such pledge.

有数据表明,作为一个群体,支持利益相关者资本主义的公司在疫情期间对员工的支持,并不比没有做出此类承诺的公司更好。

Why?

为什么?

It's not because stakeholder capitalism is a charade or its ends are not noble or its metrics broken or incentives misaligned.

这并不是因为利益相关者资本主义是一场骗局,它的目的不高尚,衡量指标有问题,或者措施并未同步。

It's because we have been selling stakeholder capitalism as a way to reduce risk and ensure long-term growth and profits.

这是因为我们一直在兜售利益相关者资本主义的概念,并将其作为降低风险、确保长期增长和获利的一种方式。

分享到