(单词翻译:单击)
Beijing culture is very sensitive to sound.
北京的文化对声音非常敏感
There are pigeon fanciers all over the world, but only in Beijing do they actually attach intricate whistles onto pigeons so that they listen to the sound, rather than just look at them.
世界各地都有鸽子爱好者,但只有在北京,人们会给鸽子装上精致的哨子,让它们能够发出声音,而不只是用眼睛观察它们
We have created an exhibition to reveal the hidden secrets of soundwaves using various interactive installations so that sound can, quite literally, be seen.
我们创建了一个展览,使用各种互动装置来揭示声波的隐藏秘密,这样我们就可以真正地看到声音
Sound is a really interesting vehicle for time and memory.
声音是一种非常有趣的工具,能够留存时间和记忆
And what I was doing was exploring the sounds that are disappearing... the disappearing sounds of Beijing.
我所做的就是探索那些正在消失的……正消失于北京的声音
Beijing had an amazing culture of street hawking.
北京的街头叫卖文化令人惊叹
Instruments here, each one produces a different sound, and each sound is recognized as selling a particular product or service.
这里的响器,每一种都能发出不同的声音,每一种声音都被用于销售一种特定的产品或服务
This was used by a blind fortune teller.
这是盲人算命先生用的
This instrument here is called the “Huantou”.
这种响器名为“唤头”
It produces this twanging sound, and that was for the barber.
它能发出“嗡嗡”声,是理发师用的
In 2013, for the Shijia Hutong Museum they were going to convert it into a museum about traditional Beijing or hutong culture.
2013年,史家胡同博物馆要被改造成一个有关北京传统文化或者说胡同文化的博物馆
I suggested they should explore Beijing sound.
我建议他们探索一下北京的声音
Shijia Hutong Museum has a particular connection to me and my family.
史家胡同博物馆与我和我的家人有着特别的联系
It used to be my family's former residence.
这里是我家的故居
My grandmother and grandfather, my mother's side lived there.
我的祖母和祖父,我母亲那边的家人住在那里
That was a part of a large residence of my grandmother's father, who was the last imperial mayor of Beijing.
这是我祖母的父亲一处大宅邸的一部分,他是北京最后一位京兆府尹
The one on the right is my grandmother, my grandmother and me.
右边这张照片是我的祖母
The second one is my parents, and then my husband, and my father.
第二张是我的父母,然后是我的丈夫和我的父亲
Family is very, very important to Chinese people.
家庭对中国人来说非常非常重要
His name is Siyuan.
他的名字叫思源
In Chinese, it's Yinshui Siyuan.
在中文里,是饮水思源的意思
When you drink the water, you think about the source of the water.
你喝水的时候,要想到水的来源
If you don't think about the source of a nation, of a country, of a family...
如果你不考虑民族、国家、家庭的本源……
You are nobody.
你就什么都不是
It's not there.
它不在那
And those were all the same...
这些都是一样的……
The same books.
一样的书
Yeah.
是的
So never mind.
不要紧
There's no English one.
没有英文版的
We just use this Chinese book, okay?
我们就看这本中文的,好吗?
Okay.
好吧
We'll just use this one.
就这个吧
These are all about reminisces of my mother's childhood.
这些都是我母亲童年的回忆
Two days before she died, we managed to get her back to the Siheyuan.
在她去世的前两天,我们设法把她送回了四合院
She was wheeled around, and then she suddenly said, "Mother's waiting for me for lunch".
她被推着在院子里转,然后突然说:“妈妈在等我吃午饭
During the Chinese festivals, we, sort of, make dumplings.
中国过节我们都会包饺子
The Spring Festival in China is very similar to Christmas in the West.
中国的春节和西方的圣诞节很类似
It's a chance for the family to get together.
让全家人有机会聚在一起
People come home from other parts of China.
人们从中国其它地方回家
Really, all the sound that happens during Chinese New Year is in the home.
春节期间的所有声音都是从家里发出来的
Lots of cooking sounds, lots of kitchen sounds, children screaming, blah blah blah.
很多做饭发出的声音,厨房发出的声音,孩子们的尖叫声,诸如此类
But of course, you've got a lot more fighting as well.
但当然,也会有更多争吵
That's what families are, I think: very tight human connections, and all that entails.
我认为这就是家庭:非常紧密的人际关系,以及所有这一切
Drawings here are influenced by my grandmother.
这里的画是受我祖母的影响
She was illustrating her life; we are illustrating life of the same period in Beijing.
她用绘画描绘了她的生活,我们描绘了同一时期北京的生活
I think we're connecting to that period; connecting it through my family, but also connecting it through the eyes of someone who was living life.
我认为我们正在与那个时代相联系;通过我的家庭,也通过生活在这里的人们的眼睛