跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第504期:分居
日期:2018-09-03 17:58

(单词翻译:单击)

have a separation

分居


My husband and I are considering a separation.
我丈夫和我正考虑分居。
Couples may agree to divorce each other after a separation.
夫妻分居一段时间后可能会同意离婚。
period of separation
分居期间


A:Kate,you'll never believe what's happened!
凯特,你绝对不会相信发生了什么。
B:What do you mean?
你说的什么意思啊?
A:Marcia and Harold are getting divorced.
玛西亚和哈罗德正在闹离婚。
B:You're kidding!What happened?
你在开玩笑吧。他们怎么了?
A:Well,I don't really know,but I heard that they are having a separation for two months and have filed for divorce.
恩,我也不太清楚。但我听说他们已经分居两个月了。而且已经提出离婚诉讼了。
B:That's really surprising.I always thought they were well-matched.What about the kids?Who will get custody?
这可太让人吃惊了。我一直觉得他们很般配。孩子怎么办?谁会得到监护权?
A:Marcia.It seems quite amicable—no squabbling over who'll get the house and stuff-an uncontested divorce with all the details worked out.
玛利亚。一切看起来相当友好——在房子和财产问题上也没有争吵。这是一个所有细节问题都得到圆满解决的协议离婚。
B:That's a change from all the back-stabbing we usually hear about...While I still can't believe it—Marcia and Harold!The perfect couple!When will the divorce be final?
这和我们平常听说的那种不择手段背后中伤对方的离婚方式相比是一种转变....不过我还是无法相信—玛西亚和哈罗德!多般配的一对!离婚最终什么时候能完成?
A:Early in the new year,I guess.
我想在新年年初吧。

分享到