跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第533期:信用评级不好
日期:2018-12-07 09:45

(单词翻译:单击)

Alisha: This is the second time I’ve been turned down for a credit card in a month. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
这是我一个月之内第二次信用卡被拒了。我不知道自己做错了什么。
James: Have you checked your credit report recently? Maybe you have a bad credit rating.
你最近有没有查看信用记录?或许你的信用评级不好。
Alisha: I have a full-time job with a good income, which they can easily verify, and I don’t haveany outstanding debt, so what could be the problem?
我有一份收入良好的全职工作,他们很容易证实,我也没有未偿付债务,那可能是什么问题呢?
James: Have you had a credit card before?
你以前有没有信用卡呢?
Alisha: Yes.
有。
James: Did you always make your payments on time?
你有没有及时支付呢?
Alisha: Well, no.
哦,没有。
James: Then that may be your answer. Your payment history makes a big difference with the credit bureau. If you’ve missed payments or been late, that’s a big strike against you.
可能就是这个问题了。你的支付历史对信用评定机构有很大影响。如果你未支付或延时支付,对你来说是一个很大的打击。
Alisha: You mean if I were late a few times, I wouldn’t be able to get another credit card?
你是说如果我有几次未及时支付,我不可能再得到另外一张信用卡?
James: A few times? How many times?
几次?多少次?
Alisha: Well, maybe a lot of times.
哦,或许很多次。
James: And why do you need another credit card if you already have one?
如果你已经有一张信用卡了,为什么还要再申请一张呢?
Alisha: Had one, past tense. The credit card company cancelled it.
曾经有,已经是过去了。信用卡公司取消了。
James: I think we’ve just found the crux of the problem.
我想我们已经发现了问题的关键了。


对话解析
turn down 拒绝
Before this I'd have smiled and turned her down.
在这之前,我本该笑着拒绝她。
credit report 信用报告
Loans to people who have no personal credit report?
没有贷款的人有个人信用报告吗?
outstanding 未支付的;未结清的
The total debt outstanding is $70 billion.
未偿债务总额达700亿美元。
on time 按时;准时
He will come on time even though it rains.
即使下雨,他还是会准时来的。
crux (难题或辩论的)关键;最难点;症结
He said the crux of the matter was economic policy.
他说问题的症结在于经济政策。

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃
  • outstandingadj. 突出的,显著的,未支付的
  • paymentn. 支付,付款,报偿,报应
  • verifyvt. 查证,核实