跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第536期:日常工作之打电话
日期:2018-12-26 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

Can you hold for a moment?
您先稍等一下好吗?

hold(打电话时)等待;不挂断

The extension is busy right now, can you hold?
分机现在占线,你能稍等一下吗?

can you hold for a moment

A: Hello, thank you for calling Bradford and Sons. This is Tracy speaking, how may I help you?
您好,感谢您致电布拉德福家庭公司,我是特雷西,有什么需要我帮忙的吗?
B: Hello, I would like to speak to your director of human resources, Ms. Jenkins, please.
你好,我想找你们的人力资源部主任詹金思小姐通话。
A: Just a moment, I'll check to see if she is at her desk. May I tell her who is calling?
稍等,我去看看她是否在办公室,请问您是哪位?
B: This is Bill Burton from Milford Insurance. I'm calling in regards to our meeting next Tuesday.
我是米尔福德保险公司的比尔.伯顿。我想问一下,关于下周二我们见面的事情。
A: Thank you, Mr. Burton. Can you please hold for a moment? I'll check to see if she is available.
谢谢你, 伯顿先生,请您先等一会儿好吗,我去看看她是否在办公室。
B: No problem.
没问题。
A: I'm sorry, Ms. Jenkins is away from her desk. She has already left for lunch. Would you like to leave a message for her?
非常抱歉,詹金思小姐现在不在办公室,她去吃午饭了,您愿意给他留个口信吗?
B: Yes, please have her return my call when she returns to the office. It's best if she can get in touch with me before 3 PM today. She can reach me at my office number, 635-8799.
好的,请她回办公室后给我打电话,如果今天下午三点以前能与我联系的话就再好不过了,打办公室电话635—8799可以找到我。
A: I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that. Could you please repeat the number?
对不起,我没跟上,您能再重复一下电话号码吗?
B: No problem. My office number is 635-8799. Tell her to ask for extension 31.
没问题,我办公室的电话是635—8799后再接31分机。
A: I'm sorry, Mr Burton. Just to confirm, Your name is spelled B-U-R-T-O-N. Is that correct?
伯顿先生,不好意思。我想确认一下您的名字是B-U-R-T-O-N,对吗?
B: Yes, and I represent Milford Insurance.
是的,我是米尔福德保险公司的。
A: I will make sure Ms. Jenkins receives your message and returns your call before 3 PM this afternoon.
我会把您的口信告诉詹金思小姐,让她在今天下午三点以前给您回电话。
B: Thank you very much.
非常感谢。

分享到
重点单词
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • extensionn. 伸展,延长,扩充,电话分机
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施