跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第562期:辞职换工作
日期:2019-04-01 10:22

(单词翻译:单击)

I resigned./I quitted my job./I've put in my notice.
我辞职了。

downsize
缩减开支;裁员;减小规模
The airline has downsized its workforce by 30%.
这家航空公司裁员30%。

A: Emily, could you spare a few minutes?
艾米丽,你能腾出几分钟吗?
B: Sure. What do you need?
没问题,你需要什么?
A: Well, I wanted to let you know that I've put in my notice.
恩,我想告诉你我辞职了。
B: Really? Why?
真的吗?为什么?
A: It's complicated. But basically it boils down to one thing. This company is downsizing and I can't continue working for a company that may let me go.
原因很复杂,不过简单说来这是迟早的事。这家公司在缩减开支,我不能等到公司解雇我我才走。
B: But surely they wouldn't fire you! You are one of the most experienced managers here.
可是,他们不可能解雇你!你是这里最资深的经理之一!
A: Well, to be honest, there's another reason. I've got a better offer.
恩,坦白说,还有一个原因,我有更好的选择了。
B: Well, that's great news. Congratulations. Where will you be located?
啊,那可是个好消息,恭喜你,你要去哪里?
A: The head office is in New York, but I'll be dealing with overseas companies and flying to this side of the world from time to time.
那家公司总部设在纽约,不过我要打理和海外公司的买卖,会经常飞回来的。
B: It'll be sad to see you go, but it sounds like you've found yourself a great opportunity.
你要走的话我会很难过。不过看来你找到更好的机会了。
A: I have. I feel lucky. I look forward to dealing with overseas companies and at the same time having a chance to use English more.
是的,我觉得很幸运,我一直希望能同海外公司做生意,并借此机会锻炼英语。
B: I'm sorry to bring this up now, but would it be possible for you to write me a letter of recommendation before you go?
我很抱歉现在向你提个要求,你在走之前可以帮我写一封推荐信吗?
A: Of course I can. In fact, if there are any other job opportunities at this new company. I'll recommend you personally.
当然可以。实际上,如果这家新公司有合适的工作机会的话,我个人会推荐你。
B: Thanks. I appreciate that.
谢谢,非常感谢。

分享到