跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第774期:请假的多种表达
日期:2020-11-09 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

实用句子


He took Monday off.

他星期一休息。


He is on annual leave.

他休年假去了。


I'm taking a few days off next week, the kids are off school.

下周我要请几天假,孩子们放假了。


Why don't you take a day of sick leave?

你为什么不请一天病假呢?


I'm asking for a three-day personal leave, because my wife is giving birth.

因为我太太要生了,我要请三天假。


You may have one month of paid-holiday every year.

你每年有一个月的带薪假期。


划重点


take+星期/天数 off

请...假

比如:"take Tuesday off"就是“星期二请假”,那"take three days off"就是“请三天假”


be on annual leave

处在修年假的过程中

I'm on my annual leave, call me if you need me.

我在修年假中,有事情给我打电话。


paid holiday

带薪休假

I will give you one-month of paid holiday and you can have enough time to think about it. You need relax.

我给你一个月的带薪假期,你可以有足够的事件来思考。


经典对话


A: Have you finished going through the contract?

你看完合同了吗?

go through表示“浏览”


B: Yes, but I have a few questions for you.

看完了,不过我有几个问题要问你。


A: Okay, ask anyway.

好,你问。


B: First, I'd like to know if you offer employees sick leave?

首先,我想知道你们这里有没有为员工提供病假?


A: Employees can take up to 10 days of sick leave per year. However, in order to get paid, you will have to bring in a note from the doctors.

有,员工每年有十天病假。不过如果不想扣工资的话,最好找医生开假条。


B: Even if I'm only sick for one day?

即使我只生病一天也要开吗?


A: That's correct.

没错。


B: That's pretty strict, if you ask me.

如果你问我意见的话,我觉得这条规定太严苛了。


A: Well, we've had to add that to the contract because we found that many of our employees were taking almost one day a month, even though they weren't sick.

嗯,我们必须要把这条写进合同。因为以前我们这儿有很多员工即使没有生病,也几乎每月都要修一次病假。


B: I see. I guess that makes sense.

我懂了,你们这样做确实有道理。

make sense表示“有道理;讲得通”


A: Do you have any other questions?

你还有其他问题吗?


B:Yes. Maternity leave is mentioned in the contract, but there's nothing in the contract about paternity leave. Do you offer anything to fathers?

有,合同里涉及了产假,可是没有提到父亲假,公司有没有为新父亲们提供假期?

be mentioned in...表示“有在...被涉及/提到”


A: We do actually. We can add that as an amendment to your contract.

有的。我们可以把这一条作为补充条款写进你的合同。

amendment表示“修正案;修改”


B: How many days of paternity leave do you offer?

你们提供多少天的父亲假期?


A: Men are allowed to take ten days of paternity leave for their first child.

男性员工有十天假期。

be allowed to...表示“被允许...”比如“你被允许吃完饭抽根烟”翻译为“You are allowed to smoke after the meal”。那“不被允许做”就是“be not allowed to”


B: Why are women allowed so much more time for maternity leave?

为什么女性的产假比这要多的多呢?


A: Well, women are the ones giving birth. I think it's fair to give them more time, don't you?

女性要经历生产过程,我觉得给她们更多时间休息很合理,你不觉得吗?


B: I guess so. I don't have any other questions. Should I sign here then?

合理,我没有其他问题了,是在这儿签字吗?


A: Yes, please.

是的,请签吧。

分享到