跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第789期:和朋友借钱
日期:2020-12-10 08:31

(单词翻译:单击)

基础短语


do sb a favor

帮某人一个忙


owe sb sth/owe sth to sb

欠某人某物

He owes his father $200.=

He owes $200 to his father.

他欠他爸爸200美元。


loan

借;借款

a car loan

车贷

It took three years to repay my student loan.

我花了三年时间才还清我的学生贷款。


经典对话


A: Hey. I was wondering if you could do me a favor.

嗨,我正想找你帮忙呢。


B: That depends. What is it?

看情况吧,什么事儿?


A: It's kind of a big favor. I'm absolutely flat broke and I owe my landlady $200. She's given me until Friday to give it to her, but I don't get paid until next Monday. Do you think you could loan me some cash until I get paid?

是件大事儿。我身无分文,还欠了房东太太200美元。她限我星期五之前还钱,但是我下周一才能领薪水。在领工资之前,你能不能借我点现金?


B: I'd love to help you out, but I'm a bit short on cash this month as well. I have to get a new engine put into my car and that ate up my savings.

我很想帮你解决这个困难,但是我这个月也很缺钱。我刚刚给我的汽车买了新的发动机,还花光了我所有的积蓄。


A: If you can't give me the full amount ,a fraction of it will still help. I'll pay you back on Monday, I promise.

如果你不能借我全款,借我一部分也能帮上忙。我下周一一定还给你,我保证。

a fraction of表示“少量”


B: Let's see, I've got about $50 to get me through the weekend. I can only spare about $20. I would give you more if I had it. I just don't have much money to my name right now.

咱们看看啊,我撑到这周末一共需要50块,那就还能剩下20块给你。要是有的话我一定多给你一些,可是现在我名下真的没什么钱了。


A: Thanks a lot. Every little bit will help. If you aren't doing anything tonight, why don't you come over and have dinner at my place?

非常感谢。每一点钱都会非常有帮助的。我跟你说,要是你今天晚上没有什么安排的话,来我家吃晚饭吧。


B: That'd be great, thanks. What time should I come over?

那太好了,谢谢,我几点钟过去?


A: How about at six p.m?

晚上六点怎么样?


B: See you then.

到时候见。

分享到