跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第813期:迟到早退
日期:2021-01-27 19:13

(单词翻译:单击)

实用句子


Jason was late for work because of the traffic jam.

由于交通堵塞,约翰上班迟到了。

traffic jam

交通堵塞


I'm so sorry for being late.

很抱歉我迟到了。


Why are you always late for work.

你为什么总是上班迟到?


I'm sorry. I misjudged the time.

很抱歉,我时间看错了。

misjudge

对...判断错误;看错


Our company is not allowed to clock on late or clock off early.

我们公司不允许迟到早退。

be(not) allowed to do(不)被允许做某事

clock on上班打卡

clock off下班打卡


经典对话


A: John, you're late this morning. Why are you always late for work?

约翰,你今天早上迟到了,你为什么总是上班迟到?


B: I'm sorry to be late for work. There was a traffic accident in a city square this morning, I'm stuck on the road.

很抱歉上班迟到了。今天在城市广场发生了交通事故,我被困在路上了。

be stuck表示“被困住”


A: You always have a good reason for being late. But you should call the manager in advance to explain your situation, it really burns him up.

你迟到总是有一个很好的理由。但是你应该给经理提前打个电话,说明一下自己的情况,这件事的确激怒经理了。

burn sb up表示“使某人生气”


B: Really? I don't want to be late either. But my house is too far from the office. I get up at six o'clock every morning, I think I need to get up at five o'clock from tomorrow.

真的吗?我也不愿意迟到,但是我家离公司太远了,我每天早上六点就起床了,我想从明天开始我需要五点起床。


A: According to company regulations, if you're late more than three times a month, you will be fired.

公司规定,如果你一个月内迟到超过三次,你就会被开除。


B: Yes, you're right. I have been late three times. I don't want to be fired. What should I do?

是的,没错,我已经迟到三次了,我不想被开除,我该怎么办呢?


A: You should go to the manager's office to explain. You have to be prepared to be quarrelled by him.

你应该去找经理好好解释,你得做好被他大吵一顿的准备。


B: I know. I swear I won't be late again.

我知道了,我发誓再也不迟到了。


A: You should have realized this long ago. Don't worry, perhaps the situation is not as bad as we thought.

你早就应该意识到这样。不要担心,或许情况没有我们想得那么糟糕。


B: When do you think I should go to the manager's office?

你觉得我什么时候去经理办公室合适?


A: After the morning meeting.

早会结束以后。

分享到