艾伦脱口秀EllenShow附中英字幕第231期:发挥全部潜力
日期:2016-06-02 20:22

(单词翻译:单击)

艾伦脱口秀

So we just give Sherrie a cheque with 100 thousand dollars and she said this gonna help so much

我们刚给了Sherrie一张10万美元的支票 她说这可帮了大忙

because I just got a bill for 4 thousand dollars for toilet paper

她刚收到买手纸的账单 要求支付4千美元

and I had choosed between paying for that and buying food

她得在付账和买食品之间选择

so this is gonna help and I will urge everyone to continue to try to help you

所以这10万美元帮上忙了 我会继续呼吁大家来帮你

there is one more thing,Ginny if you do me a favor

还有件事 Ginny 帮我个忙好吗

if you would take all of those kids and everybody outside,that would be great take everybody outside

把大家都带到外面去 帮我把大家带出去就好了

a lot of children in this country don't finish school,because they never learn how to read

美国有很多孩子没有从学校毕业 是因为他们一直不会读书

Targets want to help kids reach their full potential

塔吉特想帮孩子们发挥全部潜力


And one way to do that is to make sure they can read by the third grade

有一个办法就是让他们三年级前就学会读书

so they sent 75 volenteers to Vagas and they packed 600 backpacks filled with books lots of school supplies

所以他们派了75个志愿者到拉斯维加斯 和600个书包 装满了书和学习用品

and other stuffs for every single students

还有一些其他东西 送给每一个学生

So you get a backpack,Here we go, oh my god.Get all the stuff in here,They are so derserve them

你也有一个书包 都在这了 天啊 所有东西都在里面 他们真的很需要这些

Target's giving everybody in the audiance 100 dollar gift card

塔吉特还给大家每人一张百元购物卡

If you know an amazing person like Sherrie,please write to our website and tell us about them

如果你知道什么人像Sherrie这样 请在我们网站留言 告诉我们他们的事迹

we need to know about people like Sherrie and I challenge everyone else out there,let she inspired you, she inspired me

我们想了解Sherry这样的人 我希望Sherry能够激励每一个人 让她来鼓舞你 她已经启发了我

I want to thank Ashton Kutcher Will.I.Am,Sherrie Gahn and all the kids in Whitney Elementary School

感谢Ashton Kutcher Will.I.Am 感谢Sherrie Gahn和惠特尼小学的孩子们

none of this would have become possible without the help of the Target

如果没有塔吉特公司的热情相助 这一切也不会成真

I can't thank them enough,All right you haven't seen the last of us

对大家感激不尽 你还会见到我们

we are gonna keep help you, we are not gonna stop.See you tomorrow, Be kind on one another Bye.

我们会继续帮助你的 不会是一锤子买卖 明天见 善待彼此哦 再见了

词汇解析

1、urge

敦促;力劝

They urged parliament to approve plans for their reform programme.

他们敦促议会批准他们的改革方案。

He urged employers and trade unions to adapt their pay settlements to the economic circumstances.

他敦促雇主和工会根据经济条件调整工资方案。

推;拉;催促

He slipped his arm around her waist and urged her away from the window.

他揽住她的腰,拉着她离开了窗边。

'Come on, Grace,' he was urging her, 'don't wait, hurry up.'

“快点啦,格雷丝,”他催促道,“别等了。快点。”

竭力主张;强烈要求

He urged restraint on the security forces.

他力主对安全部队设限。

We urge vigorous action to be taken immediately.

我们强烈要求立即采取有力措施。

2、challenge

挑战;难题

I like a big challenge and they don't come much bigger than this.

我喜欢大的挑战,而所有挑战中再没有比这更大的了。

The new government's first challenge is the economy.

新政府面临的第一个难题是经济问题。

(成功地)应对挑战,迎接挑战

The new Germany must rise to the challenge of its enhanced responsibilities.

一个崭新的德国必须迎接挑战,承担更多的责任。

They rose to the challenge of entertaining 80 schoolchildren for an afternoon.

他们一个下午成功接待了80名学童。

怀疑,质疑(真实性、价值、权威等)

Democratic leaders have challenged the president to sign the bill.

民主党领袖对总统签署这项法案提出了质疑。

The move was immediately challenged by two of the republics.

此项动议立即遭到其中两个共和国的反对。

视频直播


分享到