艾伦脱口秀EllenShow附中英字幕第313期:很罕见的现象
日期:2016-10-03 15:51

(单词翻译:单击)

艾伦脱口秀

I really,I didn't think it was that big of a deal,cause there was no rain.I looked outside,no rain.

不过 我认为那没什么大不了的 我向屋外看了 一滴雨也没有

Just some rumbling thunder,So I got my kite and I went outside

就是轰隆的雷声而已 所以我带着我的风筝出门去了

So what happened,seriously,this is true

接下来发生了什么呢 说真的 你们得相信我

It's about 10:30 in the morning,we're at home on one Saturday morning

那是一个周六的早晨 我们在家 大概十点半左右

And our house was struck by lightning,as if all houses in the neighborhood.The lightning hit our clock tower

我们的房子被雷击中了 周围的房子也是 雷电还击中了我们的钟楼

It was so loud,it was the loudest noise I've ever heard,and I've sat next to Marry Murphy on So You Think You Can Dance.

那简直是巨响 我没有听过比那更响的噪音 要知道 在《舞林争霸》上 我可是坐在Marry Murphy旁边的


I know loud.It was the loudest thing I've ever heard,I really could not believe that it hit our house

我非常了解巨响 那就是我听过的最响的声音 我不敢相信它真的击中了我们的房子

and the cats were under the bed for 30 minutes,I was under there for 45

我们的猫跑到床底下躲了30分钟 我躲了45分钟

Poor little things.It took yawn and treats but eventually Portia cokes me out,and then

可怜的小东西们 我们在下面又累又怕 还好Portia把我拉出来了 然后

We were scared by the way.I took a picture of Portia right after the lightning struck.Look at her,that was,I mean

我们真是吓坏了 雷击过后我拍了一张Portia的照片 瞧瞧她 我说 那真是

I was like,Portia?And then right before the show started,My mama tells my Aunt Helen

我说你这是怎么了 Portia 在节目开始之前 我妈妈告诉我 我的Hellen阿姨

My Aunt Helen,I've talked about her before,live in Mississippi

Helen阿姨 住在密西西比那个 我以前跟你们提过

A month ago her house got struck by lightning.How weird is that?what are the odds

一个月前 她的房子也被雷击了 是不是很诡异 有点太巧合了

But then I learn the lightning strikes aren't as rare as they seem

后来我才知道 雷击其实并不是很罕见的现象

Statistically I'm more likely to be struck by lightning than to win a lottery

据统计 比起中彩票 我更容易被雷击中

But also statistically speaking,I'm more likely to win a lottery than seen a grown man naked

但也是根据统计来说 比起见到一成年人裸体 我中彩票几率还更大些

词汇解析

1、eventually

最终;终于

Eventually, the army caught up with him in Latvia.

最终,大部队在拉脱维亚赶上了他。

The flight eventually got away six hours late.

那个航班推迟了6个小时后终于起飞。

最后;结果

Eventually your child will leave home to lead her own life as a fully independent adult.

最后,你的孩子会离开家,作为一个完全独立的成年人过她自己的生活。

She sees the bar as a starting point and eventually plans to run her own chain of country inns.

她把那间酒吧当作一个起点,最终计划是经营自己的乡村旅馆连锁店。

2、strike

罢工

French air traffic controllers have begun a three-day strike in a dispute over pay.

法国空中交通管制员因为薪资纠纷已开始了为期 3 天的罢工。

Staff at the hospital went on strike in protest at the incidents.

医院员工举行罢工,抗议这几起事件。

打;击

She took two quick steps forward and struck him across the mouth.

她向前紧走两步,上去扇了他一嘴巴。

He struck the ball straight into the hospitality tents.

他将球直接打进迎宾帐篷里。

视频直播


分享到
重点单词
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • lotteryn. 彩票
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪
  • hospitalityn. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端
  • protestn. 抗议,反对,声明 v. 抗议,反对,申明
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.