电影口语任你学 第32期:肖申克的救赎 The Shawshank Redemption
日期:2012-11-16 15:06

(单词翻译:单击)

经典对白

I suppose I could set it up for you.
我想我能帮你。
That would save you some money. You get the forms, I'll prepare them...nearly free of charge. I'd only ask three beers apiece for each of my coworkers.
那你就能省点钱,我帮你填好文件……几乎是免费的,我只要求给每个同事三瓶啤酒。
A man working outdoors feels more like a man...if he can have a bottle of suds. That's only my opinion...sir.
一个户外工作的人能有啤酒喝的话……会感觉更像一个男人,那是我的意见……长官!
I killed her, Red. I didn't pull the trigger, but I drove her away. That's why she died, because of me, the way I am.
我杀了她,瑞德。虽然不是我开的枪,但是是我把她赶走的。她是因我而死的,因为我对她的态度。
That don't make you a murderer. Bad husband, maybe. Feel bad about it if you want, but you didn't pull the trigger.
那不能判你谋杀的,只能说是坏丈夫。你可以为此难过,但枪不是你开的。
No, I didn't. Somebody else did. And I wound up in here.
不是我杀的,是别人干的,我在这里做了替死鬼。
Bad luck, I guess. It floats around. It's got to land on somebody. It was my turn, that's all.
运气不好,我想。霉运到处漂浮,总要有人承受的,刚巧轮到我罢了。
I was in the path of the tornado.
我刚好碰上了它。
I just didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has. Think you'll ever get out of here?
我只是没有想到会这么久。想过你有一天能出去吗?
Me? Yeah. One day. When I got a long, white beard and two or three marbles rolling around upstairs.
到我头发花白,头晕眼花的时候。
活学活用

1. 表示喝酒
How about a drink?
去喝一杯怎么样?
Two bottles of beer, please./Two beers, please.
请来两瓶啤酒。
What kind of snacks should we have?
要什么下酒菜呢?
I like to go barhopping.
我喜欢换酒馆喝。
Would you like a refill? (Would you like more? How about a refill? Would you like one more?)
再来一杯,怎么样?
This whiskey is strong.
怕种威士忌挺冲。
I feel a little tipsy. (I'm slightly drunk.)
我觉得有点儿醉了。
I'm loaded. (I'm wasted.)
我喝得酩酊大醉。
Drink moderately. (Don't overdo it. Please don't drink too much.)
喝酒要适可而止。
I get drunk easily. (I get drunk quickly.)
我的酒量小。
I'm a heavy drinker.
我的酒量大。
I drank too much.
我喝得太多了。
I have a hangover.
我头天的酒还没醒呢。
Tips
干杯的说法:bottoms up.或Let's make a toast.
喝酒喝很多的人是heavy drinkers(酒鬼,就像把瘾君子叫做heavy smokers一样),而形容一个人喝很多酒,很会喝酒则是drink like a fish,即牛饮、海量。喜欢喝酒的人常常劝别人喝。劝酒就是强迫别人喝酒,英文叫做force others to drink。但是,如果是跟外国人一起喝酒的场合,这一点必须小心为好。
想表达“滴酒不沾”的意思,可以说:I don't want to drink anything with alcohol.
想表达“借酒浇愁”的时候可以说:My wife drives me to drink. 我的太太逼得我借酒浇愁。
再来一杯的表达方法是:Make it two.或者:Make that a double, please.
Let's drink till we drop.一醉方休。
强调自己非常清醒说:I am still sober. 我很清醒。 再强调一点可以说:I am stone sober.或是I am cold sober.
喝醉的表达:I am drunk. 俚语的说法可以把drunk换成afloat, all at sea, bashed, belted或是boozed。hangover宿醉,指喝醉后隔天早上醒来头痛等症状。
2. 表示运气
He cursed (at) his bad luck.
他诅咒自己运气不好。
He owes his success more to luck than to ability.
他认为他的成功是靠运气而不是因为自己有能力。
She is fortunate in having a kind husband.
她运气好,有一个好丈夫。
It is better to trust to valor than to luck.
靠运气不如靠勇气。
They envy him his good fortune.
他们羡慕他的好运气。
In the experiment, we leave nothing to chance.
做实验时,我们绝不靠碰运气。
I was lucky to have drawn a trump.
我运气好,抽到张王牌。
Carl has lost his job and is really badly off.
卡尔丢了工作,运气确实不佳。
实例说明
have the Midas touch 手气好,运气好
例:Mr. Wang has the Midas touch: everything he does turns to gold.王先生的手气特别好,干什么都挣钱。
be on the gravy train 走运
例:He's been on the gravy train these years. 这几年他一直很走运。
lead a charmed life 命好
例:He must have been leading a charmed life! 他的命真好!
a blessing in disguise 因祸得福
例:He had an accident and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise: a pretty nurse fell in love with him during his stay inthe hospital. 他遭遇车祸反而因祸得福了:住院时和一个漂亮的护士相爱了。
a lucky dog 走运的人
例:You are a lucky dog. 你真是个幸运儿。
get in the neck 倒霉
例:In the family, if the kicks-up are found out by the parents, it's always the elder of the children who'll get in the neck.
在家里,如果孩子们打架被父母发现了,倒霉的总是年龄大的孩子。
strike a bad patch 倒霉,不幸
例: Occasionally, every one strikes a bad patch.每个人都会时而碰上倒霉的事。另外还可以用“find the bean in the cake中彩,独占鳌头”和“in the lap of Fortune运气好”来表示某人走运的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • blessingn. 祝福,祷告
  • fortunateadj. 幸运的,侥幸的
  • soberadj. 清醒的,沉着冷静的,稳重的,颜色暗淡的 vt.
  • drivesn. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)
  • occasionallyadv. 偶尔地
  • patchn. 补丁,小片 vt. 修补,补缀 n. 呆子
  • tornadon. 飓风,旋风,龙卷风
  • disguisen. 假面目,伪装物,假装 vt. 假装,假扮,掩饰
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒