艾伦脱口秀EllenShow附中英字幕第236期:喜欢分享一些事情
日期:2016-06-08 22:24

(单词翻译:单击)

艾伦脱口秀

I love sharing stuff like this with you

我喜欢这样跟你们分享一些事情

this is such an important thing,what you do Ellie is so cool

这是件很重要的事 艾丽 你做的事很酷

I'm here with Portia and Ellie Laks who founded the Gentle Barn

我跟鲍西亚 和创建温柔之乡的艾丽·兰克斯在一起

It's an amazing sanctuary where abused and neglected animals get a second chance at life

那是一个美妙的天堂 在那里遭受虐待的动物们得到了生活的第二次机会

and Portia spent a day there,I can't wait to go myself,take a look

鲍西亚在那呆了一天 我等不及要自己亲自去一趟 看看吧

Hey Ellen, I'm here with Ellie at the Gentle Barn and I can't wait to meet the animal that just bleated

嘿 艾伦 我跟艾丽在温柔之乡 我等不及要去看看那些哎哎叫的小动物们了


you got a sheep?show me around,Ok

你有一只绵羊是吗 带我看看去吧 好的

I think if you had to sum up our place in one sentence

我想如果你要用一句话来描述这个地方的话

It would be we provide a place for people and animals to be reminded that they matter

我想是 我们为人们和动物们提供了一个地方 在这里他们得到尊重

holding my hand,that's so cute.let's go meet some more animals,OK

抓住我的手 那太可爱了 让我们去看看更多的动物 好

This is Josh our sheep,hi Josh,whenever we got a lamb in that's really wounded,Josh babysits them untill they feel better

这是乔西 我们的绵羊 你好 乔西 无论何时 我们得到一只受伤的小羊羔 乔西都照顾着它们直到他们好转

Oh hi,this is Rama,Oh wow,she's 3 years old be rescued from Thanksgiving

哦 嘿 这是拉玛 噢 哇 她已经三岁了 在感恩节那天被救下

and so now on Thanksgiving we come and feed her pie,it's our tradition

所以现在一到感恩节我们就来喂她一些馅饼 那是我们的传统

Oh sorry,that's fine,I'll go.see you no more

噢 对不起 好 我走 再见

词汇解析

1、neglect

忽视;忽略;疏于照看

The woman denied that she had neglected her child.

那位女士否认疏于照管自己的孩子。

Feed plants and they grow, neglect them and they suffer.

人勤地生宝;人懒地长草。

不予重视;忽视

He'd given too much to his career, worked long hours, neglected her.

他为事业付出太多,长时间地工作,忽视了她。

If you are not careful, children tend to neglect their homework.

如果你不注意的话,孩子们往往会不重视他们的家庭作业。

疏忽;疏漏

We often neglect to make proper use of our bodies.

我们经常忘记该合理地使用我们的身体。

They never neglect their duties.

他们从未玩忽职守。

2、sum up

简而言之;概括地说

One voter in Brasilia summed up the mood — 'Politicians have lost credibility,' he complained.

一位巴西利亚的选民将人们的心情一言概之——“政客们已无信誉可言”,他抱怨道。

Obree summed his weekend up in one word: 'Disastrous.'

奥布瑞用一个词总结了他的周末经历:“灾难。”

总结;概括

'I love my wife, my horse and my dog,' he said, and that summed him up.

他说:“我爱我的妻子、我的马和我的狗。”他大致上就是这么一个人。

Sadly, the feud sums up the relationship between Lord Bath and the man who succeeds him.

不幸的是,巴思勋爵和他的继任者之间的关系只能用“积怨已久”来概括。

视频直播


分享到